OWNER OPERATOR OPPORTUNITIES!
We have 6 terminal locations that service ports or rail. Each location primarily operates within their region to service their customers. Here is an overview of the locations and lanes we service. When you decide to complete our application, you can select which terminal you are applying for. We have a very diverse, loyal, and consistent customer base that offer most Owner Operators some lanes that will provide great revenue and home time. Most of our drivers are home every day and have consistent schedules. Please call our Safety and Recruiting Department if you have any questions at 800-233-0624 x 6.
We service the Seagirt Marine Terminal by draying import and export containers to and from points in MD, PA, WV, DE, and VA. Some lanes include: Baltimore, Hagerstown, Cumberland, Jessup, Perryville, Elkton, MD – Bloomsburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Altoona, Bedford, Shippensburg, Kittanning, Somerset, Smithton, Latrobe, Greenville, PA – Ranson, WV – Northern VA points occasionally.
We service Norfolk ports – NIT, VIG, PCY yard to points in NC and VA such as: Williamsburg, Toano, Martinsville, Bassett, Rocky Mt, Dublin, Ridgeway,VA – Greensboro, Mayodan, Madison, Thomasville, High Point, Gibsonville, NC.
Charlotte drivers predominately pull containers out of Wando or North Charleston ports in Charleston, SC. They may also pull off the rail in Greer, SC. Some points are: Charlotte, Lenoir, High Point, Thomasville, Morganton, Gastonia, Conover, Hickory, NC.
Charleston drivers pull out of the Charleston ports and the Greer Rail. Some Points include Laurens, Woodruff, Anderson, Gaffney, Piedmont, Simpsonville, Duncan, NC – Lenoir, Thomasville, High Point, Asheboro and Old Fort, NC.
Savannah drivers pull out of the Garden City port. Points include Laurens, Woodruff, Anderson and Gaffney, SC – Canton, Stockbridge, Macon, Albany, McDonough, Commerce, Atlanta, Marietta, GA.
Atlanta drivers pull out of the Austell Rail and deliver to points around Atlanta, such as Commerce, GA and Anderson, SC.
*These lanes are not all inclusive of the destinations that we cover. They are just some examples of the destinations we have to offer. Please call for more specific information.
If you are interested in moving forward, please click on the APPLY TODAY button to complete our Intelliapp, and one of our staff will respond to you typically within 24 hours.
Summary of Benefits
- Competitive Pay and Fuel Surcharge
- Weekly Settlements via direct deposit
- No Forced Dispatch
- Home Daily or through the week. You decide!
- IFTA Stickers provided. State Fuel Taxes filed and paid
- Driver referral bonus
- Safety Incentive Program
- Pier Training
- Fuel Card available
- ELD Provided
- Group rates available on Physical Damage, Non-trucking Liability and OCC/ACC Insurances
Owner Operator Driver Qualifications:
- Must own your truck; if driver for owner; must provide Worker’s Compensation coverage
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have 2 years of verifiable Tractor Trailer driving experience
- Drivers must meet Lightning Transportation’s Safety Qualifications
- Must have TWIC or capable of obtaining TWIC (assistance available if needed)
- Must pass a post offer DOT Drug test and DOT Physical-(If older than 3 months)